The New-York Historical Society's Publication Fund was formed in 1858 to provide the financial means of publishing annual volumes of N-YHS's Collections. Taking the name John Watts DePeyster Publication Fund in 1908, the Fund was used to produce 85 volumes from 1868 to 1975. These volumes were distributed to Fund shareholders and to other institutions in exchanges of publications. This record group primarily includes the registers, correspondence, and other records concerning shareholder administration, such as certificate purchases and transfers of ownership, and publication distribution. The record group also includes the offering circulars, subscription book, certificate books, some nineteenth century financial records, and other documents.
Click here to link to the Guide to the New-York Historical Society John Watts DePeyster Publication Fund Records.